Pressure Cooker Chicken Cacciatore
Serve chicken cacciatore with pasta or rice, garlic bread, and a tossed salad.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 44 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 chicken (3 lbs.) cut up
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 tsp. salt, divided
- 1⁄8 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup diced salt pork
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, divided
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1⁄2 cup sliced button mushrooms
- 2 tsp. Mrs. Dash Classic Italian Medley Seasoning Blend
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 can (14 1⁄2 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1⁄8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- Trim and discard any extra fat from the chicken. Add the flour, 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to a large zip-closure bag. Add the chicken, seal the bag, and shake to coat the chicken.
- Bring the oil to temperature in the pressure cooker over medium-high heat. Add the salt pork and sauté until it begins to render its fat.
- Add the meatier pieces of chicken, skin side down, and brown until crisp. Add 1 tablespoon parsley and the remaining ingredients except for the tomato paste.
- Lock the lid into place. Bring to low pressure; maintain pressure for 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and quick-release the pressure. Place the chicken on a serving platter and keep warm.
- Return the pan to the heat, stir the tomato paste into the sauce in pressure cooker, and simmer for 5 minutes or until thickened. Pour the sauce over chicken. Sprinkle remaining 1 tablespoon parsley over the top.