Pressure Cooker Chicken Chili
Chicken is a nice alternative to ground beef in this chili.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 small red bell chili pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 can (15 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (16 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ¼ tsp. dried thyme
- ¼ tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- Add oil to the pressure cooker and bring it to temperature over medium heat. Add the chicken and stir-fry for 5 minutes. Add the jalapeño and red peppers; stir-fry with chicken for 2 minutes. Stir in the onion; sauté for 3 minutes, or until tender. Stir in the garlic, tomatoes, beans, paprika, tomato paste, broth, thyme, oregano, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- Lock the lid in place. Bring to low pressure, lower the heat, and maintain pressure for 10 minutes. Remove the pan from the burner and use the quick-release method to release the pressure.