Pressure Cooker Cinnamon Tapioca Pudding
Add another dimension to this dish by combining it with other flavors. You can stir in some toasted pecans, chocolate chips, or coconut. Top it off by serving with a dollop of whipped cream.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup small pearl tapioca, soaked overnight in 3⁄4 cup water and drained
- Add the sugar, butter, eggs, and salt to a bowl; beat until smooth. Stir in the milk, cream, cinnamon, and vanilla. Stir tapioca into the milk mixture.
- Treat a 1-quart stainless steel bowl with nonstick spray. Pour the tapioca mixture into the bowl. Cover the bowl tightly with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Pour 1 cup water into the pressure cooker and add the rack. Crisscross long, doubled strips of foil over the rack to create handles to use later to remove the pan. Center the covered pan holding the tapioca mixture on the foil strips on the rack.
- Lock the lid into place and bring to low pressure; maintain pressure for 12 minutes. Remove the pressure cooker from the heat, quick-release the pressure, and remove the lid.
- Lift the pudding out of the pressure cooker. Let rest for 15 minutes and then remove the foil cover. Stir before serving.