Pressure-Cooker Cranberry and Almond Risotto
Make this risotto with dried cranberries and sliced almonds as an elegant alternative to potatoes at your next winter holiday meal. Saffron adds a hint of sweetness and a lovely yellow color to the rice.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 cups chicken stock
- ½ tsp. saffron threads, crushed
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, warm the chicken stock. Ladle ¼ cup warm stock into a small bowl with crushed saffron threads. Set aside.
- Turn a pressure cooker to high and add oil. Add the rice and almonds; cook and stir for 2–4 minutes, until the rice is coated and opaque. Add ½ cup of the stock and cook, stirring constantly, for 2–4 minutes, until the liquid is absorbed by the rice. Add the remaining stock, cranberries, and saffron with soaking liquid.
- Cover and lock the lid into place. Pressure cook on medium for 8 minutes. Let the pressure release, open the lid, and check the rice. If the rice is not fully cooked, lock the lid again and cook for 2–3 minutes longer.
- Serve immediately.