Pressure Cooker Fresh Apricot Jam
Adjust sugar to taste.
Makes: 6Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 6 cups halved apricots
- 6 cups sugar
- Juice and zest of 1 medium orange
- In a food processor, purée apricots in batches if necessary. Pour into pressure cooker.
- Add sugar, orange juice, and orange zest and let stand for 30 minutes. Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Close and lock the lid.
- Turn the heat up to high. When the cooker reaches pressure, lower the heat to the minimum needed to maintain pressure. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes at high pressure.
- Remove from the heat and allow the pot to sit for 30 minutes before carefully releasing any residual pressure.
- Remove the lid and return to medium heat and bring to a full boil, stirring constantly for 3 minutes or until jam reaches the desired gel state.
- Skim off and discard any foam. Ladle into hot, sterilized, glass containers or jars, leaving 1⁄2 inch of headspace. Seal the containers or jars. Cool and refrigerate for a week or freeze.