Pressure Cooker Grape Jelly
Elevate this lunchbox staple to a gourmet treat by making it yourself with a pressure cooker.
Makes: 5 cupsHands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
Makes: 5 cups
- 2 lb. Concord grapes, washed, sorted, and stems removed
- 1½ lb. red grapes, washed, sorted, and stems removed
- ½ cup water
- 6 oz. liquid pectin
- 7 cups sugar
- Place grapes in a pressure cooker and crush with a potato masher. Add water. Lock on the lid and bring to low pressure. Maintain for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow pressure to release naturally.
- Remove the lid and strain juice through a fine mesh strainer lined with 2 pieces of damp cheesecloth. Stir in the sugar. Return pressure cooker to the stove and bring to a rolling boil. Stir in pectin, and boil 1 minute. Remove from heat, and skim off foam.
- Ladle into hot, sterilized glass containers, leaving 1" of headspace. Seal. Let cool at room temperature for 24 hours, then refrigerate for up to 5 weeks or freeze for up to 8 months.