Pressure Cooker Lemon Cheesecake
Serve this rich, popular dessert topped with cherry pie filling or sugared fresh blueberries, raspberries, or strawberries.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 12 vanilla wafers
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. toasted almonds
- 1⁄2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 oz.) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- Zest of 1 lemon, grated
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 tsp. natural lemon extract
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups water
- Use a pressure cooker with a rack that’s large enough to hold a 7-by-3-inch springform pan. Treat the inside of the pan with nonstick spray.
- Add the cookies and almonds to a food processor. Pulse to create cookie crumbs and chop the nuts. Add the melted butter and pulse to mix. Transfer the crumb mixture to the springform pan and press down into the pan. Wipe out the food processor bowl.
- Cut the cream cheese into cubes and add it to the food processor along with the sugar; process until smooth. Add the eggs, lemon zest, lemon juice, lemon extract, and vanilla. Process for 10 seconds. Scrape the bowl and then process for another 10 seconds or until the batter is well mixed and smooth.
- Place the springform pan in the center of two 16-by-16-inch pieces of aluminum foil. Crimp the foil to seal the bottom of the pan. Transfer the cheesecake batter into the springform pan. Treat one side of a 10-inch square of aluminum foil with nonstick spray; lay over the top of the springform pan and crimp around the edges. Bring the bottom foil up the sides so that it can be grasped to raise and lower the pan into and out of the pressure cooker.
- Pour the water into the pressure cooker. Insert the rack. Set the springform pan holding the cheesecake batter on the rack. Lock the lid into place and bring to high pressure; maintain pressure for 8 minutes. Remove from heat and allow pressure to release naturally. Remove the lid.
- Lift the covered springform pan out of the pressure cooker and place on a wire rack. Remove the top foil.
- If any moisture has accumulated on top of the cheesecake, dab it with a piece of paper towel to remove it. Let cool to room temperature and then remove from the springform pan.