Pressure Cooker Mashed Potatoes and Peas
This hearty and comforting dish is made with potatoes steamed in a pressure cooker.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup water
- 8 cups russet potatoes (about 10), peeled and quartered
- 8 Tbsp. butter
- ½ medium onion, peeled and diced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ cup cooked peas
- ½ cup finely chopped parsley
- 2 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Pour the water into the pressure cooker and add the potatoes. Lock the lid into place and bring to high pressure. Once the pressure is achieved, turn the heat to low and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow pressure to release naturally. Drain potatoes with a colander.
- Wipe out the pressure cooker with a paper towel and set over medium-high heat. Add the butter and melt. Add onion and sauté for 7 minutes, or until soft. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in the milk and cooked potatoes.
- Remove from the heat. Mash the potatoes using a potato masher. Gently stir in peas, parsley, salt, and pepper. Transfer to a serving dish and serve hot.