Pressure Cooker Mashed Potatoes
A classic dish that can easily be personalized by tossing in a handful of your favorite grated cheese right at the end!
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 lbs. red potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 cups water
- 2 tsp. salt, divided
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground white pepper
- Place the potatoes inside the pressure cooker, add water, and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of salt. Close and lock the lid.
- Turn the heat up to high. When the cooker reaches pressure, lower the heat to the minimum needed to maintain pressure. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes at high pressure.
- Remove from the heat and allow the pot to sit for 30 minutes before carefully releasing any residual pressure.
- Strain out the cooking liquid and mash potatoes with potato masher. Add milk as needed to reach creamy consistency. Season with remaining salt and white pepper.
- Transfer to a serving dish.