Pressure Cooker Minestrone with Pasta
Minestrone packs tons of nutrients and is substantial enough to stand on its own as a light meal. Serve with a tossed salad and fresh homemade bread or wholegrain dinner rolls.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 24 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 large onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 leeks, white part only, cleaned and diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower florets
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 cans (14 1⁄2 oz.) diced tomatoes, with juices
- 4 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup macaroni
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. chopped basil
- Add the bacon to the pressure cooker. Fry over medium heat until it renders its fat. Add the onion and sauté for 3 minutes or until the onion is soft. Stir in the garlic, carrots, leeks, bell pepper, cauliflower, celery, undrained tomatoes, and chicken broth. Stir in the macaroni.
- Lock the lid into place and bring to low pressure; maintain pressure for 7 minutes. Remove from the heat and quick-release the pressure. Remove the lid. Add salt, pepper, and basil.