Pressure Cooker Rosemary Mashed Potatoes
This hearty and comforting dish is made with potatoes steamed in a pressure cooker. Stir in sautéed garlic and rosemary for great flavor and a rustic elegance.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup water
- 8 cups russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- Pour the water into the pressure cooker and add the potatoes. Lock the lid into place and bring to high pressure. Once the pressure is achieved, turn the heat to low and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow pressure to release naturally.
- Drain the potatoes into a colander. Wipe out the pressure cooker with a paper towel and set over medium-high heat. Add the olive and heat until it shimmers. Add garlic and rosemary and stir constantly for 30 seconds, or until fragrant but not burnt. Off the heat, use a slotted spoon to transfer garlic and rosemary to a bowl.
- Stir milk and potatoes into the pressure cooker. Mash with a potato masher. Season with salt and pepper. Stir the garlic and rosemary back into the potatoes. Transfer to a serving dish and serve hot.