Pressure Cooker Sautéed Garlic Mashed Potatoes
The touch of garlic in this mashed potatoes dish will complement just about any meat dish. You can serve it with fried pork chops, roast beef, steak, or grilled Italian-seasoned chicken breast. To round out the meal, add a tossed salad and a steamed vegetable.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Add the potatoes, water, and salt to the pressure cooker. Lock the lid into place and bring to high pressure; maintain pressure for 7 minutes.
- While the potatoes cook, melt the butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic; sauté for 2 minutes, being careful not to burn the garlic. Stir the garlic-infused butter into the sour cream.
- Remove the pressure cooker from the heat, quick-release the pressure, and remove the lid. Drain the potatoes.
- Return the potatoes to the pressure cooker and put it over low heat for 2 minutes to evaporate any residual moisture.
- Mash the potatoes. Stir in the sour cream mixture. Transfer to a bowl and serve sprinkled with pepper.