Pressure Cooker Shrimp Risotto
A fresh green salad is a nice complement to this rich, creamy dish.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ cups Arborio rice
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- Add the oil to the pressure cooker and bring to temperature over medium-high heat. Add the onion; sauté for 5 minutes, or until softened. Add the garlic and rice, and stir until the rice is evenly colored. Stir in the wine and broth.
- Close and lock the pressure cooker lid; bring to high pressure and maintain it for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and use the cooker’s quick-release method to release the pressure. Carefully remove the lid. Put the cooker back on the burner over medium heat and stir in the shrimp; simmer for 2 minutes, or until the shrimp are pale pink and cooked through. Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper. Serve immediately.