Pressure Cooker "Smoked" Portobello Burger
Use a pressure cooker to "smoke" marinated Portobello mushroom caps. Serve with your favorite burger toppings.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 large portobello mushroom caps
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. shallots, minced
- ½ Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. coarse salt, divided
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp. liquid smoke
- 4 whole wheat sesame seed buns, split
- 4 oz. arugula
- Place the mushrooms in a shallow dish. In a small bowl, mix the red wine vinegar, olive oil, shallots, soy sauce, ½ teaspoon salt, and pepper. Pour the mixture over the mushrooms and allow them to marinate for about 20 minutes, turning 2–3 times throughout.
- Pour the water and liquid smoke into the pressure cooker fitted with steamer tray. Place the mushrooms on top of the steamer tray.
- Lock the lid into place; bring to high pressure and maintain for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow pressure to release naturally.
- Place mushrooms on whole wheat buns with arugula and sprinkle with the remaining ½ teaspoon coarse salt and black pepper.