Pressure Cooker Swedish Meatballs
You can substitute 1⁄2 cup (or more to taste) of sour cream for the heavy cream. Serve as an appetizer or over egg noodles.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 42 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 slice whole wheat bread
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 8 oz. lean ground pork
- 1 large egg
- 1 small onion, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp. dried dill
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh dill
- Add the bread to a large bowl. Pour in the milk and soak the bread until the milk is absorbed.
- Break up the bread and mix it into the beef, pork, egg, onion, dill, salt, and pepper. Form into 12 meatballs and set aside. Add the butter to the pressure cooker and melt it over medium-high heat; whisk in the flour until it forms a paste. Whisk in the broth and water. Bring to a simmer and then add the meatballs.
- Lock the lid into place and bring to high pressure; maintain pressure for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and quick-release the pressure.
- Carefully stir in the cream and dill. Serve.