Pressure Cooker Tomatillo Salsa
Release the flavor of fresh tomatillos by cooking them briefly in a pressure cooker before blending with jalapeños, onion, and cilantro. Serve with tortilla chips or use it as a sauce on your tacos or grilled fish.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. tomatillos (about 12), husks removed, rinsed, and cut in half lengthwise
- ½ cup cold water plus more as needed, divided
- 2 jalapeños, stemmed, seeded, and chopped
- ½ onion, chopped
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 bag (13 oz.) tortilla chips
- In a pressure cooker, add the tomatillos and enough water to cover. Lock the lid into place; bring to high pressure and maintain for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow pressure to release naturally.
- To the bowl of a food processor or blender, add the drained, cooked tomatillos, jalapeños, onion, and ½ cup cold water. Blend until well combined. Add the cilantro and salt and pulse until combined. Transfer to a bowl and chill before serving. Serve with tortilla chips.