Pressure Cooker Tomato Bisque
One small potato in this soup provides body and thickness. It can be left out for a thinner soup.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 medium fresh tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 small potato, peeled and diced
- 1⁄4 tsp. sea salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1⁄4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Add tomatoes and their juice, potato, salt, baking soda, and water to the pressure cooker. Close and lock the lid.
- Turn the heat up to high. When the cooker reaches pressure, lower the heat to the minimum needed to maintain pressure. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes at high pressure.
- Remove from the heat and allow the pot to sit for 45 minutes before carefully releasing any residual pressure.
- Stir in broth and simmer until all is well combined (about 2 minutes). Purée with immersion blender to desired consistency, sprinkle with pepper and serve.