Pressure Cooker White Bean with Garlic and Kale Soup
After soaking overnight, beans cook quickly with aromatics and kale in a pressure cooker for this hearty soup.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 8 hours 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup dried cannellini beans, soak overnight in 3 cups water
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup onion, thinly sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 cup crushed tomato
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 8 cups vegetable stock
- 3 cups kale, cleaned well, trimmed, and chopped
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- Drain and rinse the cannellini.
- In a pressure cooker over medium heat, heat oil. Add the onion and sauté until soft and transparent, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Add the rest of the ingredients. Lock the lid into place and bring to high pressure. Cook for about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow pressure to release naturally.
- Taste for seasoning and add more salt and pepper, if needed. Serve hot.