Pressure Cooker White Beans with Garlic, Tomato, and Sage
Make this version of the classic Tuscan bean dish in a pressure cooker.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 2 minutesTotal: 2 hoursDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup dried cannellini beans
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup diced Roma tomatoes
- 1 tsp. chopped sage
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Add the beans and water to the pressure cooker. Lock the lid into place; bring to high pressure for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and quick-release the pressure.
- Drain the water, rinse the beans, and add to the pressure cooker again with the stock. Soak for 1 hour. Add the vegetable oil and salt. Lock the lid into place; bring to high pressure and maintain for 10 minutes. Quick-release the pressure. Add garlic, tomatoes, sage, and black pepper to the pressure cooker and lock the lid. Bring to high pressure and maintain for 4 minutes. Remove from heat and allow the pressure to release naturally.