Pressure Cooker Zesty Mashed Root Vegetable
Serve as a substitute for mashed potatoes. The carrots add a touch of sweetness. The horseradish in this dish makes it especially good with roast beef.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup water
- 2 lbs. potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 lb. carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. white turnips, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup heavy cream, divided
- 2 tsp. prepared horseradish
- 1⁄8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Add the water, potatoes, carrots, turnips, and salt to the pressure cooker in that order.
- Lock the lid into place and bring to high pressure; maintain pressure for 7 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes.
- Quick-release any remaining pressure and remove the lid. Drain the vegetables and put them in a large serving bowl. Set aside and keep warm.
- Wipe out the pressure cooker. Melt the butter and add 2⁄3 cup of the cream. Heat to low simmer over medium heat.
- Mash the vegetables, stirring in the heated butter-cream mixture. Gradually add the remaining 1⁄3 cup cream until desired texture is achieved.
- Stir in horseradish and pepper. Serve.