Pretty Pink Valentine Cake
Give a big beautiful valentine to someone special this year! This pink Valentine’s Day treat is sure to get some love.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (18.25 oz.) white cake mix
- 1 package (3 oz.) instant gelatin
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tub (16 oz.) white frosting
- 1 drop red food coloring
- 1⁄2 package (10 oz.) small red cinnamon candies
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously butter and flour two cake pans: one round (9 inches) and one square (9 inches). Set aside.
- Combine cake mix, gelatin, milk, eggs, butter, and vanilla extract with an electric mixer on low speed. Increase speed to medium and beat for an additional 3 minutes or until batter is free of lumps and completely blended.
- Pour batter into pans and bake according to box instructions for two layers. Remove cakes from oven and invert onto cooling racks. Allow cakes to cool to room temperature. Place square cake on serving surface so that it looks like a diamond.
- Cut the round layer in half and place the halves on either side of the diamond’s upper edges to make a heart. Combine frosting and food coloring. Frost cake and decorate with candies.