Pretzel Chicken Bites
These chicken bites may be small, but they’ll leave a lasting impression on your taste buds.
Serves: 4Prep: 25 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 Simple Truth™ Natural Boneless & Skinless Chicken Breast
- 2 cups pretzel crisps
- 1⁄4 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Coconut Oil
- 1⁄2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Coarse salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place pretzel crisps in a plastic bag and put on a flat surface. Use a rolling pin to break them up into coarse and fine crumbs. Transfer crumbs to a large plate and set aside.
- Place chicken between two sheets of plastic wrap. Using a mallet, pound chicken down and cut into 1½” cubes.
- In a small bowl, mix oil, mustard, water and vinegar; whisk until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Reserve half of mustard mixture for dipping sauce.
- Using a basting brush, brush half mustard mixture over both sides of chicken. Next, coat chicken in the pretzel crumbs and transfer to a rimmed baking sheet coated with cooking spray. (You can lightly coat chicken bites to “adhere” breading).
- Bake in upper third of oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, turning once.
- Serve chicken bites with toothpicks and reserved mustard sauce.