Princess Pink Strawberry Cake
There’s just something about pink—the sweet strawberry colors and creamy add-ins make for a Southern-style cake fit for a party of extra-girly proportions.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 package (10 oz.) frozen strawberries, thawed
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 box (18.25 oz.) white cake mix
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 package (3 oz.) strawberry gelatin dessert mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- Drain strawberries and reserve liquid. Combine 3 tablespoons strawberry juice, butter, and confectioners’ sugar in a small bowl. Beat until fluffy. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 3 round cake pans (8“). Set aside.
- Combine cake mix, mayonnaise, flour, gelatin, and eggs. Mix well to form a smooth batter. Fold in water and strawberries.
- Turn batter into pan. Bake for 45 minutes. Allow cake to cool completely before frosting.