Prosciutto, Fig and Arugula Flatbread
This flatbread with prosciutto, fig spread and arugula is a great recipe for a quick and easy dinner (you could make it even healthier by using a whole wheat crust) and is also perfect for serving for parties (for example for a New Year’s celebrations - it has no sauce, so it's easy to serve to guests without a mess). It’s made with fig preserves, mozzarella, parmesan, prosciutto, arugula, pine nuts, and red pepper flakes and is the perfect combination of sweet and a little heat!
- 1 12" Simple Truth pizza crust or flatbread crust
- 3 tablespoons Private Selection fig preserves
- 1 cup Roundy's shredded mozzarella
- 3 ounces prosciutto
- 2 tablespoons Kroger pine nuts
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Kroger red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 cup Simple Truth arugula
- 1⁄4 cup Roundy's shredded or shaved parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place crust on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Spread fig preserves over the crust in a thin layer, sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top. Add thinly sliced prosciutto (cut or torn into pieces) on top of cheese and bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add pine nuts. Bake for an additional 3 minutes, until the pine nuts are slightly toasted and golden brown and cheese has melted.
- Remove pizza from oven, sprinkle with red pepper flakes, add arugula and sprinkle on parmesan cheese, slice, serve and enjoy!
- Note: Naan bread or whole wheat pizza crust works great as well.