Prosciutto and Gruyere Wrapped Cauliflower
This salty and savory appetizer will make friends and family swoon.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 medium head cauliflower, cored and cut into 8 large florets
- 1⁄2 cup tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1⁄2 tsp. lemon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded Gruyère cheese
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 8 slices prosciutto
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil over medium heat. Add cauliflower and cook for 3 minutes until softened. Plunge florets into an ice bath to keep them from continuing to cook. Drain on paper towels.
- Mix tomato paste, mustard, Worcestershire, zest, and pepper in a small bowl. Coat each floret with tomato mixture. Press shredded cheese onto florets and wrap each one with a slice of prosciutto. Press to adhere.
- Pour oil into a medium nonstick frying pan, and heat until oil shimmers. Fry each piece of cauliflower until prosciutto is crisp, about 2 minutes a side. Serve immediately.