For an easy-to-make appetizer that will feed a whole party, look no further than these prosciutto-and-provolone-packed pinwheels.
Serves: 42Prep: 10 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- Simple Truth Organic Canola Oil Cooking Spray
- 1 (17 oz.) box frozen puff pastry, thawed (2 sheets)
- 2⁄3 cup Dijon mustard, divided
- 3⁄4 pound prosciutto, very thinly sliced, divided
- 2 cups shredded Simple Truth Provolone Cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Grease large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- On lightly floured surface, roll out one sheet of puff pastry to 14” square. Keep remaining sheet wrapped and cold.
- Brush a thin layer of mustard on to rolled out sheet. Top with half of the prosciutto slices, slightly overlapping and leaving a ½” border around the edges. Sprinkle with one cup of cheese.
- Tightly roll up the pastry from the long side. Pinch seams to seal and tuck the ends under.
- Repeat steps 2-4 for remaining sheet.
- Cut sheets into 14” pieces and place cut side up on baking sheet, leaving about an inch between each.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Note: These can be made in advanced – just wrap in foil and refrigerate. Then, slice and bake about an hour or two before needed.