Have an Italian-inspired night and serve this dish with some gluten-free pasta.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (2 lbs. total)
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 8 thin slices prosciutto
- 8 thin slices mozzarella cheese
- 20 fresh basil leaves
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp. safflower oil
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped sundried tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- Carefully slice a pocket in chicken breasts by cutting them in half horizontally from the thick end to the thin end, keeping the edges intact. Season with salt and pepper.
- On a clean work surface, place place 2 slices prosciutto in a chicken breast, then 2 slices mozzarella, and 5 basil leaves. Close the pocket Repeat with remaining chicken breasts.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter and oil in a 12-inch ovenproof skillet. Add chicken and cook until browned on all sides, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer skillet to oven and bake 8 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into center of chicken should register 165°F. Sprinkle cheese and tomatoes on top of chicken and place under the broiler for 2 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Sprinkle parsley over the top and serve.