Spirulina is one of the most protein-rich foods on earth. This recipe is a crunchy snack that will sustain your energy levels for long periods of time. They are easy to travel with and will stay fresh for a few weeks when refrigerated.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 1 day 2 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups sprouted buckwheat
- 1 cup dried coconut
- 1 cup pistachios
- ¼ cup dates, pitted, and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. spirulina
- 1 Tbsp. carob
- Soak the buckwheat for 6–8 hours. Drain and rinse until the water is clear.
- Dehydrate the buckwheat until crunchy, about 6 hours at 110°F.
- In a coffee grinder, grind the dried coconut to a flour.
- Line an 8" x 8" baking pan with parchment. In a food processor, process all ingredients together until well-blended and smooth. Press mixture into prepared pan and smooth top. Cut into squares.
- Dehydrate at 145°F for 2 hours. Turn down the temperature to 110°F and flip the nuggets. Continue dehydrating for 12 hours or until dry.