Protein-Packed Breakfast Burritos
Refried beans take the starring role in this delicious breakfast, providing healthy amounts of protein in every scrumptious bite! With ingredients that appeal to both vegetarians and vegans, this is the perfect long-lasting, energy-providing meal for all!
Serves: 2Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- ½ small yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 4 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 2 flour tortillas (8")
- 1 cup refried beans
- ¼ cup salsa
- ¼ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Coat a large skillet with olive oil spray and place over medium heat.
- Add the bell pepper, jalapeño, and onion to the pan and sauté until cooked, but not soft, about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat together the eggs and water and pour over the vegetables. Scramble together until light and fluffy.
- Lay out tortillas and spread ½ cup refried beans on each. Top beans on each with 2 tablespoons salsa and 2 tablespoons cheese. Top with egg mixture and wrap tightly.