Protein-Packed Pumpkin Pie
Pumpkin may be a vibrant complex carbohydrate, but adding protein-rich ingredients like almond milk and yogurt brings this pie to an extraordinary protein-providing level like never before!
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (15 oz.) pure puréed pumpkin
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- 2 Tbsp. plain nonfat Greek-style yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup honey
- 2 Tbsp. Sucanat
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp. ground cloves
- 1 pie shell (9")
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin purée, almond milk, yogurt, eggs or egg substitute, and honey or agave nectar, and mix well.
- Add the Sucanat, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and cloves, and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the pie mixture into the pie shell and bake 45–60 minutes, or until center is set and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.