Provençal Mixed Vegetables
This is a classic vegetable dish from the Provence region of France. Delicious as a side dish or scooped onto toasted bread.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ¼ cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups diced eggplant
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- ¼ tsp. dried tarragon
- ½ tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a heavy Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Sauté the onion, peppers, and garlic for 5 minutes. Add the eggplant and zucchini, toss to coat with oil, and then add the tomatoes and herbs.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.