The classic version of this Provençal dish is very soupy, great for serving over couscous and with pasta. This recipe makes more of a ratatouille sauté.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1½ cups sliced Japanese eggplant
- 1½ cups sliced zucchini
- 1½ cups sliced yellow squash
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 cups diced plum tomatoes
- ½ tsp. dried thyme leaves
- ¼ cup minced parsley
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil. Add garlic and sauté over medium-high heat for 1 minute.
- Add eggplant, zucchini, squash, bell pepper, and tomatoes. Sauté, stirring often, until vegetables are crisp and tender and tomatoes are soft, about 6–8 minutes.
- Add thyme, parsley, salt, and pepper and serve.