Serve this German-style cabbage hot with cold sliced beef and hard sourdough rolls.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 3 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 head red cabbage, finely sliced
- 3 medium apples, cored and diced
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- ½ cup vinegar
- 2 cups beef broth
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- Spray a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker with nonstick olive oil spray. Arrange the cabbage, apples, and bacon in the slow cooker.
- Add the vinegar, beef broth, and salt.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours.