Pull-Apart Champagne Bottle Cupcakes
Easy to make and easy to serve, pull-apart cakes can be assembled ahead of time. Start with your favorite cake mix and bake into cupcakes. Push cupcakes into shape and frost together for a big, showy cake. Personalize with a fun message for your guests.
Serves: 17Prep: 40 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 box (15.25-16.25 oz.) cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups Kroger® Powdered Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Kroger® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Green gel food coloring
- Gold sanding sugar
- Black writing gel
- Line 24 muffin cups with gold foil or paper liners.
- Make 24 cupcakes as directed on back of cake mix box using water, oil and eggs. Cool at least 30 minutes. Set aside 7 cupcakes for another use.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter on medium speed 1 minute or until fluffy. Beat in powdered sugar, then vanilla extract and enough milk to make frosting spreadable.
- Place half the frosting in separate bowl. Into one half of the frosting, stir in enough green food coloring for desired color.
- On large cutting board or platter, place 4 rows of 3 cupcakes each on one end of board. Taper 5th row with 2 cupcakes, 6th, 7th and 8th row with 1 cupcake each to form shape of champagne bottle. Push cupcakes together so almost no space remains between cupcakes.
- Frost bottom half of bottle with green frosting, pushing cupcakes together slightly to frost entire bottle, not just individual cupcakes. Frost top half with white frosting. Frost label over green frosting.
- With black gel, outline bottle shape, label and “foil” neck and cork of bottle. Sprinkle neck, cork and label with gold sanding sugar. Write desired message on label and neck.