Pulled Pork Sandwiches
To create the shredded texture, use a fork in each hand to pull the pork apart. If it has cooked long enough it will fall apart easily.
Serves: 14Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 5 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 pork butt (4 lbs.)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. onion powder
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. ground marjoram
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 bottle (12 oz.) barbecue sauce
- 14 hamburger buns
- Rinse the pork butt and pat dry with paper towels. Trim off any large pieces of fat. Combine all of the remaining ingredients and stir together. Sprinkle some of the mixture on each side of the pork butt and rub to make it stick. Place it on a plate and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Let it sit unrefrigerated for 2 hours (or let it marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- Place a large Dutch oven in the middle of your oven and preheat to 350°F. Once it has come to temperature, place the pork in the middle of the pan and cover tightly with a lid. Place it back in the oven and cook for 3 hours without opening it. The steam will help keep the meat juicy.
- Once the meat has cooked, remove it from the pan and let it rest for 10–15 minutes. Use 2 forks to pull the meat apart. Once the meat is shredded, serve with barbecue sauce on hamburger buns or rolls.