Pumpkin Ale Bread
Pour a little pumpkin into this recipe that combines the spicy-sweet flavors of fall for a delicious treat!
Serves: 12Prep: 15 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 bottle (12 oz.) Elysian Brewing Company® Night Owl Pumpkin Ale
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter, melted and divided
- 3⁄4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly grease a 9”x5” loaf pan. Pour the ale into a sauce pan and whisk vigorously for 1-2 minutes to flatten the beer.
- Heat over medium until boiling, whisking occasionally to help keep the foaming down. Reduce by half, to ¾ cup (about 15 minutes) and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the ale, 2 tablespoons melted butter, canned pumpkin, molasses and ground spices.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the dry ingredients, mixing with a spoon until no dry ingredients are left (if your canned pumpkin is very thick, you might need to add 2-4 tablespoons milk to help get things mixed together).
- Pour half of the remaining melted butter into the baking dish, then spoon the batter into the baking dish and drizzle the remaining melted butter over top.
- Bake 45-55 minutes, until the top is golden brown and a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Leftovers should be tightly wrapped, and best served warm.