Pumpkin Ale Ice Cream
Pumpkin ale provides the secret ingredient to this spicy & sweet frozen fall treat!
Prep: 15 minutesCook: 8 hoursTotal: 8 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 3⁄4 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar, packed well
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canned unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 3⁄4 cup Elysian Brewing Company® Night Owl Pumpkin Ale
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Combine cream, milk and brown sugar in a medium saucepan and warm over medium heat. Stir occasionally until sugar melt, then add cinnamon, ginger and salt.
- Whisk to combine. Continue to heat mixture until it comes to a low boil. Boil for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent mixture from boiling over. Remove from heat and pour milk mixture through a sieve into a medium bowl. Cool to room temperature.
- Once milk mixture is at room temperature, add pumpkin puree, pumpkin ale and vanilla. Whisk to combine. Chill the mixture thoroughly (at least 4 hours or overnight).
- Once chilled, pour into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufactures instructions.
- Place plastic or parchment over ice cream (to prevent ice crystals) and freeze until firm, at least 4 hours.