Pumpkin and Fig Soup
This soup is inspired by autumn flavors, but you'll find yourself craving it year round.
Serves: 4Prep: 20 minutesCook: 1 hour 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 slices Simple Truth Organic™ Ready to Bake Rustic Italian Style Artisan Bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups Simple Truth Organic™ Free Range Chicken Broth Fat Free
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups Simple Truth Organic™ Solid Packed Pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Simple Truth Organic™ Thyme, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 fresh figs, peeled and diced
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Drizzle the bread slices with olive oil and bake for 15 minutes until golden and crisp. Cut into cubes.
- Heat broth, salt, pumpkin, parsley, onion, thyme and garlic. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 30 minutes uncovered.
- Puree the soup in small batches (1 cup at a time) using a food processor or blender. Make sure to let heat escape if using a blender!
- Return to pot, and bring to a boil again. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for another 30 minutes, uncovered.
- Stir in figs and heavy cream and pour into soup bowls. Garnish with croutons.