Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
This is a great bar that goes quickly at autumn bake sales. Try adding
Serves: 40Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- ½ cup plus ⅓ cup softened butter, divided
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 lb. mashed pumpkin
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 3 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- Butter 15" × 10" jelly roll pan; set aside. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger; set aside. Cream together ½ cup butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each. Blend in pumpkin. Stir flour mixture into creamed mixture; blend well. Spread mixture evenly into pan.
- Bake 30–35 minutes, or until top springs back when lightly touched. Cool completely.
- Make frosting: Mix cream cheese and ⅓ cup butter until well blended. Beat in the vanilla. Slowly beat in confectioners’ sugar until proper consistency is reached.
- Remove bars from pan and frost.