Serve these easy, fall-inspired biscuits alongside your next cozy slow cooker meal. If you have leftovers, spread them with butter and cinnamon-sugar for a delicious breakfast the next morning.
Serves: 8Prep: 15 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin puree
- 6 tablespoons buttermilk or milk
- 2 cups Kroger Brand Self-Rising Enriched Flour
- 1⁄4 cup salted butter, cold, cut into 8 pieces
- Heat oven to 425°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Whisk together pumpkin and milk. Set aside.
- In large bowl, place flour. Add butter. Using pastry cutter, two knives or clean hands, cut butter into flour until pea size.
- Using fork, add pumpkin mixture, stirring until just combined. On floured work surface, turn dough out, folding over on itself 3 to 4 times, adding flour as need to prevent sticking.
- Pat dough into ½”-¾” thick rectangle. Using floured 2½” round cutter, cut into biscuits. Pat together scraps to cut additional biscuits.
- Place biscuits on prepared baking sheet 1” apart.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.