Pumpkin Bread Pudding
This makes a great break from traditional pumpkin desserts, but can also be served for breakfast or brunch!
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup butter, divided
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin purée
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 8 cups cubed French bread
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 375°F and spray a 9" × 13" baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, heat ¼ cup of the butter in the microwave for 15–20 seconds or until melted. In a large bowl, add the melted butter, milk, sugar, pumpkin, eggs, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice. Whisk well, then add the cubed bread and turn to coat. Let stand for 30 minutes, turning the mixture occasionally, until well soaked. Transfer to the prepared baking pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining butter, flour, and brown sugar. Mix with your fingers until it forms a crumble. Sprinkle the mixture over the top of the bread mixture, then top with the pecans.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake for 20 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for 30 minutes more, or until the bread pudding is puffed all over and browned on top. Cool for at least 30 minutes before serving.