Don’t you dare use canned pumpkin for this bread! If you can’t find sugar pumpkins, use butternut squash instead.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups cooked puréed pumpkin
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground cloves
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, granulated sugar, brown sugar, oil, and egg. Mix well.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and baking soda. Mix well. Add to pumpkin mixture. Stir in nuts. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour. Test periodically by inserting a toothpick into the center of the loaf; when the toothpick comes out clean, the bread is done.