Pumpkin Chocolate Cake
This three-layer cake is impressive, yet super easy to make!
Serves: 16Prep: 1 hourCook: 50 minutesTotal: 1 hour 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 box devil’s food cake mix
- 1 can (15 oz.) Kroger® Pure Pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 package (3.5 oz.) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 container (8 oz.) whipped topping, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup gingersnap cookies, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a 9”x13” cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Prepare the cake mix according to package instructions. Pour into prepared pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, cream, eggs, brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice. Slowly pour the pumpkin pie mixture all over the cake mix.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool to room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, combine the pudding mix, milk and vanilla. Mix until smooth, then gently fold in the whipped topping.
- Spread the pudding frosting over the cake.
- Sprinkle with crushed gingersnap cookies. Refrigerate for an hour or overnight before serving.
- Serve and refrigerate leftovers.