Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cake
This cake contains the perfect spices for fall! Feel free to play around with the spices—add ginger or additional pumpkin pie spice or nutmeg for even more flavor. Top with cream cheese or chocolate frosting for added sweetness if you wish.
Serves: 15Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin
- 1½ cups coconut sugar
- 4 extra large eggs, at room temperature
- ½ Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 2½ cups spelt flour
- 1½ cups chopped sugar-free chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a glass 9" × 13" baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl using an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter, pumpkin, and sugar. Mix in eggs and vanilla, then add remaining ingredients and beat well.
- Pour batter evenly into baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.