Pumpkin Chocolate Chunk Bread Pudding
Bread pudding is the ultimate comfort dessert. It's great all year round, but I especially like to make it when the temperature starts to dip. This Pumpkin Chocolate Chunk Bread Pudding is a crowd pleasing dessert – one which I definitely plan to serving at my upcoming Halloween bash. It can be made ahead of time and is a recipe my guests will be begging for.
- 6 cups day old bread cubes (country loaf or French loaf)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄4 cup Private Selection™ Dark Chocolate Chunks
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup (15 oz. can) Simple Truth Organic™ Solid Packed Pumpkin
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Caramel Dessert Topping, for serving
- Spread bread cubes into a rectangular casserole dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, heavy cream, canned pumpkin, whole milk, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla extract. Pour over bread cubes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove casserole dish from refrigerator and sprinkle with dark chocolate chunks. Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake for 45 minutes or until bread pudding is set and golden brown.
- Serve bread pudding with caramel sauce. Enjoy!