Pumpkin Chutney Soup
Save to My Recipes
This soup has a beautiful color and a robust flavor. It brings out the great fall flavor of pumpkin, and it’s a wonderful way to expand your culinary repertoire beyond canned soups.
Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutes
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. curry powder
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground white pepper
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 can (15 oz.) solid pack pumpkin
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup mango chutney
- ½ cup chopped toasted cashews
- In large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until tender, about 6 minutes. Add curry powder, flour, salt, and pepper; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken stock all at once; cook and stir for 2 minutes, then add pumpkin. Stir with wire whisk until blended; simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream and chutney; heat through. Serve in small mugs or bowls; top with toasted nuts.