Looking for a variation on the traditional pumpkin muffin? This is it! A healthy splash of coconut adds a sweet tropical flavor, ensuring that these muffins become a breakfast favorite.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1⅔ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup packed sweetened coconut flake
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin purée
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1½ tsp. vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line or spray each well of a standard-size muffin pan. Set aside.
- Measure flour, coconut, baking soda, salt, and spices into a medium bowl and whisk until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugars, pumpkin, oil, and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir; do not overmix. Use a cookie scoop to fill each well evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Remove from oven. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.