Pumpkin Cream Pie
No holiday gathering is complete without a delicious pumpkin pie or two!
Serves: 16Prep: 20 minutesCook: 1 hourTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- Simple Truth Organic™ Canola Oil Cooking Spray
- 2 Pillsbury Pie Crusts (the refrigerated unroll-and-fill kind)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 cans (15 oz.) Simple Truth™ Pumpkin Puree
- 2 ⅙ cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 cup + 4 Tbsp. Simple Truth Organic™ Light Brown Sugar, divided
- 2 3⁄4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, divided
- 6 Simple Truth Organic™ Cage Free Large Brown Eggs Grade A
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and arrange a rack in the bottom third of the oven.
- Spray two 9" diameter glass pie dishes with nonstick spray. Unroll pie crusts. Line dishes with crust and crimp edges decoratively.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, pumpkin, ⅔ cup whipping cream, 1 cup brown sugar and 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice. Using electric hand mixer, add the eggs, one at a time incorporating completely between each addition.
- Pour the filling into the pie shells and bake on a sheet tray until the filling is mostly set and the crust has browned, about 50 to 60 minutes. The center will still look slightly loose. Remove from the oven and cool to room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, beat 1½ cup heavy cream with a hand mixer until beginning to thicken. Add 4 tablespoon brown sugar and ¾ pumpkin pie spice and continue to beat until soft peaks form. Spread the whipped cream over the pies and serve immediately or hold in the refrigerator for up to 2 hours before serving.