Pumpkin "Cream" Soup
Instead of using cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger in this recipe, you can use just over a teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- ¼ cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups sugar-free chicken broth
- 1½ cups pumpkin purée
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 3 cups full fat canned coconut milk
- Heat coconut oil and butter in a stockpot over medium high heat. When oil and butter are hot, add onions and garlic and sauté until translucent, 3–4 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, pumpkin purée, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, salt, and pepper and stir until combined.
- Submerge an immersion blender into soup and blend until smooth and creamy. Allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk. Serve hot.