These easy Pumpkin Cupcakes are super moist and make a perfect fall dessert. White chocolate “pumpkin seeds” take only a few minutes to make and are a fun Halloween candy all on their own. Put it all together and you have a festive fall treat!
- 1 package (15.25 oz.) yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup plus 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin puree
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons plus 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 1 package (16 oz.) CandiQuik® Vanilla Baking Bar
- 3 cups Kellogg's® Corn Pops®
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Place cupcake liners into muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, add the yellow cake mix, eggs, ⅓ cup milk, pumpkin pie spice, pumpkin puree, vegetable oil and 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- Using a hand mixer, beat until well combined.
- Fill cupcake liners ¾ full.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes.
- For the icing, mix powdered sugar and butter in a medium bowl with an electric mixer on low speed.
- Stir in 1½ teaspoons of vanilla and 1 tablespoon of milk.
- Beat and gradually add in more milk (a little at a time) to make the frosting as smooth as possible.
- For the "Pumpkin Seeds" topping: Follow directions on the CandiQuik® container to melt the white chocolate.When melted, add cereal and stir to coat. Drop the chocolate covered cereal, by the spoonful, on to a wax paper lined cookie sheet. Place the cookie sheet in the refrigerator to harden completely. Frost your cooled cupcakes with vanilla icing. Top each cupcake with a handful of “pumpkin seed” candy bark.